Palo Alto/Praha, 5. června 2017 – Společnost VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), vedoucí firma v oblasti cloudové infrastruktury a firemní mobility, zveřejnila své finanční výsledky za první čtvrtletí fiskálního roku 2018:
- Příjmy za první čtvrtletí dosáhly výše 1,74 miliardy dolarů. Oproti prvnímu čtvrtletí roku 2016 vzrostly o 9 %.
- Příjmy z licencí v prvním čtvrtletí činily 610 milionů dolarů, oproti prvním čtvrtletí roku 2016 vzrostly o 7 %.
- Čistý zisk za první čtvrtletí dosáhl výše 232 milionů dolarů, tedy 0,56 dolaru na akcii, a oproti prvnímu čtvrtletí roku 2016, kdy čistý zisk byl 161 milionů dolarů a 0,38 dolaru na akcii, vzrostl o 48 %. Bez přihlédnutí k metodice GAAP činil čistý zisk 412 milionů dolarů a 0,99 dolaru na akcii a ve srovnání s prvním čtvrtletím roku 2016, kdy dosáhl celkově 366 milionů dolarů a 0,86 dolaru na akcii, vzrostl o 15 %.
- Provozní zisk za první čtvrtletí činil 238 milionů dolarů, a meziročně tak vzrostl o 24 %. Provozní zisk bez přihlédnutí k metodice GAAP byl v prvním čtvrtletí 495 milionů dolarů a oproti prvnímu čtvrtletí roku 2016 vzrostl o 11 %.
- Provozní peněžní tok v prvním čtvrtletí dosáhl výše 775 milionů dolarů. Volný peněžní tok v prvním čtvrtletí činil 726 milionů dolarů.
- K 5. květnu 2017 disponovala společnost finanční hotovostí, hotovostními ekvivalenty a krátkodobými investicemi ve výši 8,6 miliardy dolarů a odloženými výnosy v celkové sumě 5,2 miliardy dolarů.
- Celkové příjmy včetně postupné změny v odložených výnosech meziročně vzrostly o 10 %. Celkové příjmy včetně postupné změny v odložených výnosech bez započítání vlivu odložených výnosů z prodeje vCloud Air vzrostly meziročně o 12 %.
- Příjmy z licencí včetně postupné změny v odložených výnosech z licencí vzrostly meziročně o 7 %. Příjmy z licencí včetně postupné změny v odložených výnosech z licencí bez započítání vlivu odložených výnosů z prodeje vCloud Air vzorstly meziročně o 10 %.
Dále pokračuje znění tiskové zprávy v angličtině:
“We are very pleased with our strong Q1 results. Our strategy is resonating across the regions and driving increased customer interest for our SDDC and cloud portfolio as well as our digital workspace offerings,” said Pat Gelsinger, chief executive officer, VMware. “We also drove momentum across our partner ecosystem, featuring announcements with Dell EMC, Google, Microsoft and Oracle providing customers more complete solutions across clouds, applications and devices.”
Zane Rowe, executive vice president and chief financial officer, VMware, said, “Q1 was a great start to the year. We’re pleased with our performance and remain committed to providing value to our customers as they build out their private, public and hybrid cloud strategies.”
Recent Highlights & Strategic Announcements
- In April, VMware introduced a new release of VMware vSAN™, featuring industry-first native hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) security, lower total cost of ownership (TCO) and significantly higher all-flash performance. These combined benefits will help customers accelerate their data center modernization efforts.
- At Mobile World Congress, Pat Gelsinger took part in a keynote with Patrick Adiba, Group Executive Vice President at Atos. The keynote highlighted how mobile technology enabled by VMware can play a pivotal role in today’s event experience. In addition, VMware unveiled VMware vCloud® NFV™ 2.0, which is designed to modernize and transform network architectures and operations for global communications service providers (CSPs) as they evolve their networks to support 5G and the Internet of Things.
- OVH Group, a global hyper-scale cloud provider and vCloud Air Network partner, completed the acquisition of vCloud Air, including data center and customer operations, customers and an enterprise-ready support team. OVH will continue operations of the acquired service as “vCloud Air powered by OVH” and will leverage VMware’s hybrid cloud technology. In addition, OVH will continue to partner with VMware on go-to-market and customer support.
- Throughout the quarter, a number of alliances were expanded that enable VMware’s End-User Computing platforms to manage more devices, applications and endpoints:
- VMware announced it will deliver VMware Horizon Cloud on Microsoft Azure. The integration helps customers accelerate the move to Windows 10 and brings VMware virtual desktops to Azure in the enterprise.
- VMware and Oracle announced a new relationship to simplify management and enable advanced security features for Oracle’s suite of mobile business applications and Oracle Mobile Cloud Service (OMCS) for mobile devices.
- VMware and Google announced plans to accelerate the adoption of Chromebooks.
- VMware announced a partnership expansion with Samsung to unify the mobile and desktop experiences for the benefit of business users with the Galaxy S8 and Workspace ONE.
- At Dell EMC World 2017, VMware unveiled an extended strategic alliance with Pivotal to deliver new “Developer-Ready Infrastructure,” with the integration of VMware’s Software-Defined Data Center and Pivotal Cloud Foundry. The first example of this integration is with NSX.
- VMware unveiled VMware Pulse IoT Center, a secure, enterprise grade Internet of Things (IoT) infrastructure management solution that will help customers more efficiently manage, operate, scale and protect their IoT projects from the edge to the cloud.
- For the third year in a row, VMware was named one of the 2017 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For, according to global research and consulting firm Great Place to Work and Fortune.
The company hosted a conference on June 1st, 2017 to review financial results and business outlook. The replay of the webcast and slides will be available on the website http://ir.vmware.com for two months. In addition, six quarters of historical data for unearned revenue that include year-over-year comparisons have been also made available at http://ir.vmware.com in conjunction with the conference call.
# # #
Revised Fiscal Calendar – Year-over-Year Comparisons of Quarterly Results and Sequential Change in Unearned Revenue Balances
VMware revised its fiscal calendar effective January 1, 2017. VMware’s first fiscal year under its revised fiscal calendar began on February 4, 2017 and will end February 2, 2018. The period from January 1, 2017 through February 3, 2017 has been recorded as a transition period and will be reported as a separate period in VMware’s Form 10-Q filing for the first quarter of fiscal 2018.
Year-over-year comparisons of quarterly financial results included in this press release and the attached financial tables compare results for VMware’s fiscal 2018 first quarter (February 4, 2017 through May 5, 2017) to VMware’s fiscal 2016 first quarter (January 1, 2016 through March 31, 2016). Sequential changes in total unearned revenue and unearned license revenue for the first quarter of fiscal 2018 compare VMware’s total unearned revenue and unearned license revenue balances as of February 3, 2017, the last day of the transition period, to the respective balances as of May 5, 2017, the last day of VMware’s fiscal 2018 first quarter.
VMware’s website is located at www.vmware.com, and its investor relations website is located at http://ir.vmware.com. VMware’s goal is to maintain the investor relations website as a portal through which investors can easily find or navigate to pertinent information about VMware, all of which is made available free of charge. The additional information includes materials that VMware files with the SEC; announcements of investor conferences and events at which its executives talk about its products, services and competitive strategies; webcasts of its quarterly earnings calls, investor conferences and events (archives of which are also available for a limited time); additional information on its financial metrics, including reconciliations of non-GAAP financial measures to the most directly comparable GAAP measures; press releases on quarterly earnings, product and service announcements, legal developments and international news; corporate governance information; and other news, blogs and announcements that VMware may post from time to time that investors may find useful or interesting.
VMware, vCloud, vCloud Air, vCloud Air Network, vCloud NFV, VMware vSAN, Horizon, Horizon Cloud, Workspace ONE, NSX, VMware Pulse, Pulse IoT Center, and Cross-Cloud Architecture are registered trademarks of VMware, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective organizations.
Use of Non-GAAP Financial Measures
Reconciliations of non-GAAP financial measures to VMware’s financial results as determined in accordance with GAAP are included at the end of this press release following the accompanying financial data. For a description of these non-GAAP financial measures, including the reasons management uses each measure, please see the section of the tables titled “About Non-GAAP Financial Measures.”
This press release contains forward-looking statements including, among other things, statements regarding the expected benefits to customers of new product releases, including VMware vSAN, and new solutions, such as VMware’s Pulse IOT Center; the anticipated continuing relationship with OVH Group; and the expected benefits of expanded alliances with Microsoft, Oracle, Google, Samsung and Pivotal. These forward-looking statements are subject to the safe harbor provisions created by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in consumer, government and information technology spending; (iii) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures, industry consolidation, entry of new competitors into the virtualization software and cloud, end user and mobile computing industries, and new product and marketing initiatives by VMware’s competitors; (iv) VMware’s customers’ ability to transition to new products and computing strategies such as cloud computing, desktop virtualization and the software defined data center; (v) VMware’s ability to enter into and maintain strategically effective partnerships and alliances; (vi) the uncertainty of customer acceptance of emerging technology; (vii) rapid technological changes in the virtualization software and cloud, end user and mobile computing industries; (viii) changes to product and service development timelines; (ix) VMware’s relationship with Dell Technologies and Dell’s ability to control matters requiring stockholder approval, including the election of VMware’s board members and matters relating to Dell’s investment in VMware; (x) VMware’s ability to protect its proprietary technology; (xi) VMware’s ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (xii) the ability to successfully integrate into VMware acquired companies and assets and smoothly transition services related to divested assets from VMware; (xiii) the ability of VMware to realize synergies from Dell; (xiv) disruptions resulting from key management changes; (xv) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xvi) changes in VMware’s financial condition; (xvii) potential disruptions relating to the transition to Dell’s fiscal year and further business integrations with Dell; and (xviii) changes in business opportunities and priorities that could cause VMware to consider alternative uses of cash. These forward-looking statements are made as of the date of this press release, are based on current expectations and are subject to uncertainties and changes in condition, significance, value and effect as well as other risks detailed in documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including VMware’s most recent reports on Form 10-K and Form 10-Q and current reports on Form 8-K that we may file from time to time, which could cause actual results to vary from expectations. VMware assumes no obligation to, and does not currently intend to, update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
O společnosti VMware
VMware je přední světový poskytovatel cloudové infrastruktury a řešení pro podnikovou mobilitu, který zákazníkům pomáhá urychlit proces digitální transformace. VMware umožňuje podnikům pomocí architektury VMware Cross-Cloud Architecture™ a řešení pro datová centra, mobilitu a bezpečnost adoptovat softwarově definovaný přístup k IT i obchodní činnosti. Společnost VMware v roce 2016 dosáhla výnosů ve výši 7,09 miliardy USD. Sídlí v Palo Alto ve státě Kalifornie a má více než 500 000 zákazníků a 75 000 partnerů na celém světě.