- Starting Point for Fashion: 31 million active customers (+17%) made 145 million orders
- Financials results 2019: EUR 8.2 billion GMV (up 23.6%), EUR 224.9 million adjusted EBIT
- Outlook 2020: 20-25% GMV growth, 15-20% revenue growth, EUR 225-275 million adjusted EBIT
- Zalando expands premium segment and adds luxury brands
- Launch of “pre-owned” fashion category in autumn 2020
- Plan for a new logistics warehouse in Spain
BERLIN, FEBRUARY 27, 2020 // 145 million orders, more than 4 billion site visits and 4.6 million additional active customers: Zalando has significantly grown its business in 2019. A record number of 31 million customers (2018: 26.4 million) have ordered from Zalando in the past year, bringing the company closer to its vision to become the Starting Point for Fashion in Europe.
The strong development of customer KPIs translated into strong financial growth. For the full year, Europe’s leading online platform for fashion and lifestyle grew its GMV (Gross Merchandise Volume) by 23.6% to EUR 8.2 billion (2018: EUR 6.6 bn), its revenues by 20.3% to EUR 6.5 billion (2018: EUR 5.4 bn) and achieved an adjusted EBIT of EUR 224.9 million (2018: EUR 173.4m). Growth was especially pronounced in the fourth quarter with GMV up 24.3% to EUR 2.5 billion and revenue up 19.5% to EUR 2 billion at an adjusted EBIT of EUR 110.4 million, pushed by record-breaking results during Cyber Week.
“We look back at a very successful year. We achieved strong financial results in every single quarter,” says Zalando CFO David Schröder. “While delivering those results, we have made strong progress on our strategic agenda.”